09 April, 2012

Screw You, Depression!

I'm gonna start doing shit with my life!!!

I'm currently about 90% through finishing a short story that I plan on submitting to Philadelphia Stories, a magazine which I'm sure if you have any sense, you can figure out what its all about.  Of course, when I say 90% done, I mean, I still kinda sorta really need to edit it.... BUT FINE DETAILS....

I've also been playing around with RPG Maker.  I actually have a working, playable (ish) thing going.  It's nowhere near done, but... it works!  That's all that really matters to me right now.  And it's intensely silly, so that's fun.

Another thing.  I was employed.  For about a week.  Then I quit, because the place was super sketchy, and I wasn't getting paid.  So, I guess it was really: I volunteered at an inner city horse stable and listened to the same, tired history tours over and over again, when I wasn't standing around, bored to death, holding the useless rope leash to a one ton creature on a busy city street as its actual handler sat on the side, bitching about money and chain smoking.

Finally, I may finally be moving soon.  After lots of drama with my family (which is thankfully beginning to get resolved in a favorable manner) me and Sam started taking this moving thing a lot more seriously.  And since we just plain CAN'T afford to live in the city without an employed roommate (sorry Kaye), we've been looking at other options.  We'll see if all this pans out; I'm not going to be announcing moving out until I actually KNOW it's in the foreseeable future.

Um, I think that's it, I guess.  I'm done wallowing in my own self pity.  I'm finally really trying to pull myself back to my feet.  So yeah, my depression can suck a big, fat, hairy dick.  

2 comments:

  1. Depression can go ride a bike made out of dicks!

    I didn't know about quitting your job...if you could call it that. Good luck with your story! I'll read over it when you're done, if you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may take you up on that on the next couple days.

      Delete